The Central Coast Federal Credit Union, KION 46, and Telemundo 23 invite you to nominate a deserving Monterey County school teacher for a Classroom Makeover award. Help us recognize the valuable work of our community teachers, who struggle to do more with fewer resources, especially when it comes to needed classroom supplies that they desperately need for their students.
Once a month during the school year, a committee will review the nominations and select one teacher to receive that month’s Classroom Makeover award. We are excited to give back to our community teachers who have given so much already and look forward to visiting the selected teacher’s school to present a big check!
The Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development found, on average, elementary school teachers spend $500 annually on classroom supplies out of their own pockets. The Classroom Makeover Award goal is to help teachers teach by giving them access to needed supplies.
- 2023/24 Award Period: September 2023 – May 2024.
- Eligibility: Monterey County School Teachers.
- Application Deadline: 15th of every month.
- Who Can Submit a Nomination: Teachers, Parents and Students.
- Individuals submitting a nomination will receive an email confirmation advising their application has been received.
- Each month winners will be notified. Non-winners will not be contacted.
- Individuals who do not receive an award may reenter into future monthly nomination cycles.